Electrical Connections

Prior to any works being undertaken on Council property (e.g. providing domestic power supply from the road to the house under Council's road/verge), a contractor must make application for approval of the proposed works.

Please note that Council has a unique set of technical requirements specific to Marion.

Application forms may be collected from Council's Administration Centre, 245 Sturt Rd, Sturt, or can be mailed upon request by calling 8375 6600. Alternatively they can be downloaded from the following documents:

Please note that an original application form must be submitted for consideration. To ensure that all text and diagrams can be easily read, Council will not accept a faxed copy of the application.

There is no application fee.

Upon approval, a copy of the approved application will be returned to the electrician, by mail if necessary. If the application is not approved, a Council staff member will contact the applicant to discuss the matter.