There are a number of ways to pay your rates:
You can take the worry out of remembering to pay your rates by arranging payments via direct debit.
Set up a direct debit arrangement and you will never have to remember to pay your rates notice again!
You can arrange to have quarterly or annual payments debited from your account.
Please note that deductions can only be made from a cheque or savings account.
Annual instalments will be deducted on the first quarterly instalment due date.
Quarterly instalments will be deducted on each quarterly instalment due date.
- Download the Direct Debit Application Form(110 kb).
Pay online now
Credit Card payments may be made directly to the City of Marion eServices website.
* Visa and Mastercard accepted.
Present your rates notice to:
Customer Service Centre, Administration Centre, 245 Sturt Road, Sturt SA 5047
* Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
* EFTPOS and credit cards (Visa and Mastercard) accepted.
Customer Service Centre on
* Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
* Please have your rates notice available at the time of the call so that all details are easily located.
Cheques or Money Orders should be made payable to City of Marion crossed (Not Negotiable) and forwarded with the payment slip to:
City of Marion, Locked Bag 1, Oaklands Park SA 5046
* Credit card payments may be made using the form on the reverse of the payment slip on the bottom of the rate notice.
* Receipts will only be issued if clearly requested.
* Post dated cheques or credit card payments will be returned unless prior arrangements have been made.
Use Centrepay to arrange for regular deductions from your Centrelink payment.
Call the Rates Department on 8375 6600 to request a Centrelink deduction form. Centrepay Reference 555 075 690J.
Payment may be made through the Postbillpay website.
* Important note: Payments made through Australia Post or BPay may take up to two working days to reach us. Please ensure your payment is made in time to reach Council by the due date.
Payment may be made at any Post Office with Billpay facilities.
The minimum amount payable at Australia Post is $50.00.
Payment may also be made through the Postbillpay service, please ring 13 18 16. Follow the recorded directions, quoting Billpay code 0560 and the customer reference number shown next to the Postbillpay symbol on the payment slip of the rate notice.
Telephone or internet payment may be made through your participating financial institution. Contact your financial institution to register, quoting biller code 9613 and the customer reference number shown next to the BPay symbol on the payment slip.
Important note: Payments made through Australia Post or BPay may take up to two working days to reach us. Please ensure your payment is made in time to reach council by the due date.
Don’t let your bills pile up. Say goodbye to paper bills! Managing bills with online banking has never been easier. With BPAY View, you can receive, pay and store your bills in your online bank.
BPAY View® sends your bills and statements straight to the same online bank you use to pay them, saving you from shuffling paper.
With convenient email, SMS or bank message reminders* and secure online or mobile access, BPAY View makes it easy to pay on time, every time† from anywhere in the world^. And BPAY View is easy on the environment too.
Register today at your online bank.
It only takes a few minutes to get started with BPAY View.
To register for BPAY View:
- Log into your online banking account.
- Look for the BPAY View or View Bills section.
- Register to receive your City of Marion rates notice by entering:
- Biller Code: 9613
- BPAY View reference number: located on the top right corner of your rates notice.
- Valuation number: as shown in the Property Details box on your rates notice (include all characters).
BPAY® and BPAY View® are trademarks of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
* Notification options may vary for each Financial Institution. Contact your Financial Institution for further information and terms and conditions.
† Subject to availability of funds.
^ BPAY View is accessible anytime and anywhere you have access to your online, mobile or phone bank.
For more information on any of the above, please contact:
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Phone: (08) 8375 6600
Fax: 8375 6699
Post: PO Box 21, Oaklands Park SA 5046
In person: 245 Sturt Road, Sturt SA 5047