Parking Fine Payments
Payment direct to City of Marion
Present your expiation notice to:
Customer Service Centre, Administration Centre, 245 Sturt Road, Sturt SA 5047
* EFTPOS and credit cards accepted. (Visa, Mastercard)
* Opening times are 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Credit card payment may be made directly to the City of Marion eServices website.
Customer Service Centre on 8375 6600.
* From 8.30am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday.
* Please have the expiation notice available at the time of the call.
Cheques or Money Orders made payable to "City of Marion" and forwarded with payment slip to:
City of Marion, PO Box 21, Oaklands Park SA 5046
* Receipts will only be issued if clearly requested.
* Post dated cheques will be returned unless prior arrangements have been made.
Payments by instalments
To the Fines Enforcement and Recovery Unit:
If you cannot afford to pay your expiation in full by the due date, please contact the Fines Enforcement and Recovery Unit on 1800 659 538 to make an enquiry.
Payment may be made through PostBillpay.
This service only applies to payments made prior to the due date.
Phone (PostBillPay service)
Please ring 13 18 16.
Follow the recorded instructions, quoting biller code 0510 and the customer reference number shown next to the PostBillpay symbol on the payment slip.
Please note that the reference number is 11 digits in length and follows the 4 characters *510.
This method is available for both the original ticket and/or the reminder notice.
Payments may be made at any Post Office as long as it is paid by the due date.
Overdue fines will not be accepted.
The below list outlines offences against the Australian Road Rules and Private Parking Areas Act with associated fees.
A late fee of $53.00 applies for failing to pay an expiation notice by the due date.
Private Parking Areas Act:
- Disabled Zone - $353.00
- No Standing Zone - $91.00
- Permit Parking Area - $67.00
- Loading Zone - $65.00
- Restricted Parking Zone - $65.00
- Time Limit Area - $50.00
- Not Wholly within one space - $48.00
- In Parking Space already occupied - $61.00
- Protruding over walkway or driveway - $74.00
- Obstructing access or egress - $74.00
- Purpose other than Parking - $49.00
- Damage to Signs - $90.00
- Reminder Notice - $53.00
Australian Road Rules:
- Stopping on road with continuous yellow edge line - $93.00
- Stopping where “no stopping” sign applies - $91.00
- Stopping where “no parking” sign applies - $75.00
- Stopping in loading zone - $67.00
- Stopping in bus zone - $124.00
- Stopping within 10m of i/section w/out traffic lights - $93.00
- Stopping within 20m of i/section with traffic lights - $91.00
- Stopping on path, dividing strip or nature strip - $93.00
- Parking in other public place - $64.00
- Obstructing access to & from driveway etc - $75.00
- Stopping near fire hydrant - $75.00
- Stopping at or near bus stop - $91.00
- Fail to Face Direction of Traffic - $67.00
- Stopping heavy/long vehicle o/s built-up area - $112.00
- Stopping heavy/long vehicle in built-up area - $112.00
- Parking for longer than indicated where “permissive parking” sign applies - $50.00
- Further offence for continued parking contravention - $48.00
- Double parking - $91.00
- Obstructing access to and from footpath ramp etc - $73.00
- Stopping in truck zone - $64.00
- Stopping in taxi zone - $124.00
- Stopping in permit zone - $64.00
- Stopping near postbox - $91.00
- Stopping on or near children’s crossing - $91.00
- Failing to park in accordance with rule – angle parking - $64.00
- Park too close to Dividing Line or Strip - $67.00
- Fail to park with 1m between vehicles - $64.00
- Stopping on bridge, causeway, ramp or similar structure - $91.00
- Stopping in bicycle lane - $257.00
- Stopping on clearway - $255.00
- Stopping in bus lane, transit lane or truck lane - $255.00
- Stopping in emergency stopping lane - $255.00
- Stopping in parking area for people with disabilities – $355.00