The Development Act requires people to notify Council at certain stages during building work.
The notification of stages of building work (as specified on the mandatory notification notice issued at the time of development approval) requires one business day's notice.
The name of the licensed building work contractor, or the name of the person who is in charge of carrying out the building work, must also be provided to Council at the time of each specified notification stage.
If construction commences and Council has not received the mandatory notifications and details of the licensed building work contractor or supervisor as required, Council is empowered to stop building work while the matter is rectified and could also issue fines or other orders as warranted against the person responsible for the work.
To learn more about mandatory notifications and requirements to notify Council, please read our information brochure Mandatory Notifications (113 kb).
How can I notify Council?
Notification during building work may be provided to Council by:
- In person: Leaving a written notice with an authorised officer of the Council.
- Mail: Posting details of the notification to Council at PO Box 21, Oaklands Park SA 5046
- Fax: 8375 6699
- Phone: 8375 6600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: Lodge online using the below online notification forms.
Online Mandatory Notification Forms
You can use the below online notification forms:
- Mandatory Notification Form - Class 1 to 9 Buildings
- Mandatory Notification Form - Class 10 Buildings (Attached to Roof Framing)
- Mandatory Notification Form - Swimming Pools