Collections and Borrowing
Borrow 100 items on your One Card, including 20 DVDs. You can borrow and return items at any participating One Card Library in South Australia.
- DVD, Blu-Ray and CD
- Nintendo DS Games
- Audio Books
- Community Languages (LOTE)
- Travel Collection (based at the Cultural Centre Library)
- Toy Library - these items must be returned to the branch where they were borrowed
- Newspapers are available at each library branch for reading only
- Cultural Heritage Collection - this is located at our Marion Cultural Heritage Centre for research only
- Online Databases - these are available on the library website
Items available for a 4 week loan:
- Large Print
- Community Languages (LOTE Collection)
- CD Audio Books
- Adult literacy materials
- Children's literacy materials
- Flipback Books
Items available for a 2 week loan:
- Magazines (the latest issue is not for loan)
- Nintendo DS Games
- Blu-Ray Discs
Please note: Under 18 year olds are not able to borrow R-rated DVDs, and under 15 year olds may not borrow R-rated or MA15+ DVDs.
eBooks and Audio Books
Visit the Libraries of SA online catalogue to browse and download from the collection of eBooks and audio books available for loan. Compatible with a large range of devices and absolutely free. All you need is your library card and internet access.
BookMyne for Libraries App
BookMyne makes it quick and easy to access the Marion Library Service wherever you are. Search the library catalogue, place holds, manage your checkouts, holds and account information instantly on your smartphone or tablet.
The Marion Library Service encourages purchase suggestions for items not already in the collection or unavailable from another public library.
We place a high priority on satisfying customer requests and materials will be purchased if they meet the needs of the collection and if the budget allows.
If you are unable to read a book for any reason, then you could benefit from borrowing a DAISY player.
The unique DAISY player design makes it easy to play and listen to audio books. Players are available for people with temporary or permanent conditions.
The library has a number of DAISY players can be borrowed for up to six months.
Give your details to our friendly staff. We will then make contact with you about using this free service.
Languages other than English
The Marion Library Service provides multicultural resources in English as part of our general library collection as well as separate collections that consist of community languages.
A variety of resources are available in Chinese, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian and Hindi and include:
- Information brochures
- Audio books
- Compact discs and DVDs
Materials in languages other than those listed above may be available at other South Australian Public libraries and can be access through the Library catalogue online.
Language education collection
Audio visual language kits for self education are available in a range of languages and include both basic languages for travellers and language courses ranging from elementary to intermediate level.
Multilingual information collection
According to availability, a range of translated community information brochures and pamphlets are selected to provide non-English speaking residents with access to information on issues such as health, welfare, education, council and government and community services.
Marion Libraries provides access to online language databases including:
- Road to IELTS is a self-study IELTS preparation course produced by the British Council to help candidates prepare for the IELTS exam
- Transparent Language Online provides access to online languages courses with over 80 languages to choose from
- NSW AMES is Australia's leading provider of online English courses.
Renew an item
Items may be renewed by accessing our Library catalogue online, by phone, or in person at any branch of the Marion Library Service. In the instance that another borrower has reserved the item, a renewal is not possible.
- If items borrowed by you are lost or damaged the replacement cost will be charged.
- Payments made on lost items are non refundable.
Reserving an item
Items may be reserved by phone or in person at any branch of the Marion Library Service, or by accessing our Library catalogue online. We will notify you via SMS or email (if you have requested either of these options) or by letter when your reservation becomes available.
Library materials are placed on the Reservations Shelf in a public area of the library for your collection.
Visit the Library catalogue online to view your library account.
Each card-holder can have up to 30 reserves pending at any one time. This does not include reservation requests that are in transit or ready for pick up/collection.
Cancelling a reserve can be undertaken by accessing the member services section of the Library catalogue online, or via phone or in person at any Marion Library branch.
Useful Marion Library Service information
- 'Like' our City of Marion Libraries Facebook page
- Visit the Marion Library Service homepage.
- Contact us on the library contact and opening hours page.
- Access the Marion Library Online Catalogue.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cultural Centre Library
287 Diagonal Road, Oaklands Park SA 5046
Phone: 8375 6785
Fax: 8375 6699
Cove Civic Centre
1 Ragamuffin Drive, Hallett Cove SA 5158
Phone: 8375 6755
Fax: 8375 6699
Park Holme Library
1 Duncan Avenue, Park Holme SA 5043
Phone: 8375 6745
Fax: 8375 6699
Sign up to our library email newsletters
The Marion Library eNewsletter aims to keep you updated with library news, events and more!
The Little Library Monsters Online Newsletter provides information about all our upcoming children's programs and events.