Club Support and Information
The City of Marion provides the following assistance to community groups and sports clubs through various club support initiatives.
Over 50s Club Forum and Network
The Over 50s Club Forum and Network is an opportunity for clubs and groups within the City of Marion to network, share ideas, receive information and learn about ways to develop and enhance their club for the future.
Forums are held quarterly and are run in conjunction with Council on the Ageing (COTA).
Each forum's agenda usually includes a welcome, discussion on different topics, clubs update, information sharing, light lunch, and networking opportunities.
For dates and more information about the Over 50s Club Forum and Network, please contact the Recreation Development Officer on 8375 6850.
Recreation and Community Funding Guide
This funding guide has been developed by the City of Marion to assist local sporting clubs, recreation groups, community organisations, schools, individual athletes, coaches and officials in identifying all potential funding and grant opportunities.
Download the guide: Youth Achievement Grants 12/13 Guidelines(245 kb)
The City of Marion's Recreation Development Officer is on-hand to provide assistance to any sporting, recreation clubs and individuals within the City of Marion in the grant application writing process.
The below tips for writing grant applications may be of assistance:
- Identify projects in advance; don't leave the planning of the project until the grant is advertised.
- Read and check the guidelines, make sure your project is eligible.
- Obtain letters of support that can demonstrate wider community support, partnerships and a need for the project.
- Align your group's mission, vision and goals to the funding body's strategic directions.
- Contact the funding provider's grant officer prior, during and after you have submitted your application. Ensure they are aware and understand your project before you send the application.
- Show planned outcomes of the project in the application; ensure that they align with the funding provider's strategic directions or funding outcomes.
- Answer all the questions in the application form; contact the funding provider if you don't understand one of the questions.
- Ensure that you balance the budget. Obtaining reputable quotes is also important, don't guess.
- Proof read the application, and get another member of your group to as well.
- If your application is unsuccessful, contact the funding body and ask why?
Visit the Community Grants Program for information on grants that City of Marion offers.
For more information about support for your club, please feel free to contact:
Recreation Development Officer
Tel: 8375 6600
Mobile: 0478 302 422