Development Plan Amendment (DPA)
Council is proposing to rezone a number of recreation grounds and community centres in order to support future development and use of these facilities.
Council’s major recreation grounds and some of the larger community facilities are currently located within a “Residential Zone” or “Open Space Zone”.
These zones are not appropriate for larger scale recreation and community facilities as they are quite restrictive in the type of land usage. Council intends to change these facilities to a more appropriate “Community Zone”, which better aligns with future plans and possible expansion of these sites.
We are currently undertaking community consultation to seek feedback from you about these amendments.
Please visit our Making Marion website to view the information, complete a quick poll or provide a written submission.
Consultation will run from 22 February 2017 to 19 April 2017.
The following facilities are proposed to be rezoned:
- Edwardstown Soldiers Memorial Recreation Ground – corner East Terrace/Raglan Avenue, South Plympton
- Mitchell Park Sports and Community Club – corner of Bradley Grove and Quick Road, Mitchell Park
- Marion Sports and Community Club – Sturt Road/Norfolk Road, Marion
- Cove Sports and Community Club – Lonsdale Road, Hallett Cove
- Glandore Oval – Margaret Street, Glandore
- Morphettville Park Sporting Club Inc. – Denham Avenue, Morphettville
- Marion Sports and Leisure Centre – Oaklands Road, Morphettville
- Marion Outdoor Swimming Centre – Hendrie Street, Park Holme
- Glandore Community Centre – Naldera Street, Glandore
- Trott Park Neighbourhood Centre – Hessing Crescent/Latimer Drive, Trott Park
- Capella Drive Reserve – Capella Drive, Hallett Cove
- Glade Crescent Reserve – Glade Crescent, Hallett Cove