Training and Development
The City of Marion conduct a range of workshops designed to improve the performance of local sport and recreation clubs. Past workshops have covered topics such as:
- Grant funding
- Strategic planning
- Child Safe Environments training
- Volunteer - recruitment and support
- Giving your club the winning edge
- Learning to think, prepare and play like a champion
- Good Sports Responsible Service of Alcohol training
Please email the Recreation Development Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the Clublink database and automatically notified of future workshop opportunities.
The following workshops are currently open for registration for local club staff, volunteers and players:
This seven-hour module is a comprehensive program which aims to teach participants to be:
- Aware of how their own values, attitudes and experiences will impact on their understanding of child abuse and their responses to children who may have been abused and/or neglected.
- Aware of the importance of maintaining a child's perspective when considering the possibility of child abuse and neglect.
- Able to identify a range of indicators concerning abuse and neglect.
- Able to discuss the concept of child safe environments and shared responsibility for the protection of children.
- Competent in the process and procedure of reporting to the Child Abuse Report Line.
- Fully understand their legal responsibility to notify any suspicion on reasonable grounds.
When: 2 February, 5 March*, 17 March, 4 April or 11 May 9am-5pm
Where: City of Marion - Council Chamber, 245 Sturt Road, Sturt (*5 March session will be held at Marion Cultural Centre, 287 Diagonal Road, Oaklands Park)
Cost: Free (lunch provided)
Register: Bookings are essential please call Vanita Schwarz, Volunteer Development Officer on 8375 6636 or email email@example.com
For more information about support for your club, please feel free to contact:
Recreation Development Officer
Phone: 8375 6600
Fax: 8375 6699
Post: PO Box 21, Oaklands Park SA 5046
In person: 935 Marion Road, Mitchell Park SA 5043