Mitchell Park Sports and Community Centre
At the City of Marion we believe that our community should have access to a broad range of high quality sport and community facilities so that everyone has the opportunity to lead an active, healthy lifestyle.
In April 2015 Council endorsed investigations being undertaken with peak sporting bodies, relevant clubs, funding bodies and agencies to seek partnering opportunities for the development of plans and potential funding solutions for the following sports infrastructure:
- Options for soccer pitches and a BMX track in the south.
- Indoor multi-purpose stadium.
- Edwardstown Oval Upgrade.
- Mitchell Park Sports and Community Club upgrade.
- On 8 December 2015 Council endorsed the Mitchell Park and Community Club site as the preferred location for the development of multi-purpose indoor sports facility and the integrated development of facilities for existing sporting clubs and dog club and the development of a community centre to replace the Mitchell Park Neighbourhood Centre.
- The concept design for Mitchell Park Sports Community Centre is complete.
- At the General Council meeting on 28 June 2016 Council endorsed a 4 court and new community centre concept design and will lodge a funding application in due course.
Above image: Mitchell Park Sports and Community Centre artist impression
Join the project mailing list
Sign up now to to be kept informed of the project's progress:
Phone: 8375 6679