Welcome to the Mayor's Message column, which aims to keep you up-to-date with what is happening in the City of Marion.
The Mayor, Kris Hanna, is busy visiting the many community groups in our area, and meeting the people who make our city such a wonderful place in which to live.
This column allows Mayor Hanna to share these experiences and provide you with important information on a regular basis.
Mayor’s Message - April 2017
Your Council is starting the process of preparing the 2017/18 budget.
Our commitment to delivering historically low rates and better services remains unchanged.
Spending on renewing and maintaining our infrastructure will form an important part of our budget deliberations.
A high-level draft summary of some of our 2017/18 construction program proposes:
- $1.5 million on the footpath program, which includes construction of 1215 metres of new footpaths.
- $3.9 million on road reseals.
- $400,000 on kerb and water table replacement.
- $1.8 million on streetscapes.
- $1.9 million on six drainage projects (both new and renewal).
- $400,000 on traffic management devices at six sites (both new and renewal).
- $500,000 on walking paths.
- $1 million on extensions and connections to the recycled water system.
- $200,000 on Glade Crescent Pond 3.
- $50,000 on new and replacement signs.
- $100,000 on disability access at bus stops.
We expect the final budget will be handed down on 27th June.
Mayor of the City of Marion
Phone: (08) 8375 6600