Marion Celebrates 2017 - a twilight street party in the heart of Marion!
The Marion Celebrates festival will be returning in 2017 as a vibrant twilight street party, right in the heart of Marion.
The new look festival will take place at the Marion Cultural Centre plaza on Saturday 25 March 2017 from 4:00pm – 9:00pm.
The event will include:
- Market stalls
- Food trucks
- Stage and roving performances
- Art installations
- Activities for all ages and interests.
What is the Marion Celebrates Festival?
This award winning, free, community festival with the theme Many Cultures, One Earth, is a biennial event which has been running for 18 years, with 9 festivals to date at various locations in Marion.
Marion Celebrates has a reputation as a family-friendly event with a focus on art and cultural experiences and sustainability for all to enjoy. Previous festivals have attracted over 5,000 visitors.
Expressions of interest are now closed!
Expressions of interest closed on Friday 2 December 2016.
- Stallholder and participant opportunities are limited.
- No late applications will be accepted.
- Selection is at the discretion of the City of Marion.
You will be contacted on the success of your application in January 2017.
For any questions about Marion Celebrates, please contact Elizabeth on 8375 6713 or email email@example.com
Participant and stallholder prices and inclusions
Small Community Stall (Non-profit):
FEE $50 incl.GST
3 x 3m Tent
Large Community Stall (Non-profit):
FEE $100 incl.GST
6 x 3m Tent
2 x 1.8m Trestles
Small Commercial Stall (Business):
FEE $120 incl. GST
3 x 3m Tent
Large Commercial Stall (Business):
FEE $240 incl. GST
6 x 3m Tent
2x 1.8m Trestles
FEE $200 incl. GST
- Stallholders and food vendors are responsible for organising their own power generators in negotiation with the festival organiser.
- Stall holders may use their own marquees at a reduced cost (contact Event Co-ordinator).
- All electrical equipment including power leads must be checked and tagged by a qualified electrician.
- Registration is based on festival criteria and programming suitability.
Festival selection criteria
All EOI's will be evaluated by the City of Marion's selection panel using the following criteria:
- Locality of provider (Preference will be given to those that reside or operate within the City of Marion).
- Suitability of performance / products with theme of event Many Cultures, One Earth.
- Suitability of program, variety of stalls, products related to the theme Many Cultures, One Earth.
- Food vans have own generators and are self-sufficient / diversity of food and drinks.
- Diversity of activities for all ages and abilities.
- Site and space availability.
- Expression of interest received on time.
View photos from our previous festivals to see what all the fun is about!
- View photos on Facebook from Marion Celebrates 2015.
- View photos on Facebook from Marion Celebrates 2013.
- View photos on Facebook from Marion Celebrates 2011.
Multicultural Award for Art and Culture
The Marion Celebrates festival won the Governor's Multicultural Award for Art and Culture in 2013.
The City of Marion was awarded top honours for its work in promoting cultural understanding with the Marion Celebrates 2013 festival of international song and dance which attracted more than 7000 people.
- Read more about Marion's top multicultural award.