The City of Marion undertakes or facilitates strategic projects which will support the development of services and facilities for the community and enhance the environmental sustainability of the area.
Each project is considered as a strategic project because of the level of investment, scale and/or the dependency on the partnering support and commitment from key strategic partners, from both the public and private sectors.
- Castle Plaza upgrade/extension.
- Encourage the rehabilitation of Cement Hill.
- Advocate the environmental sustainability of Glenthorne Farm.
- Advocate for the development of the Oaklands Crossing.
- Design a spread of sport and community facilities across the city that will cater for the community's needs for generations to come.
- Work with the State Government on the Tonsley to maximise employment, education and community outcomes.
- City Services redevelopment
- Cove Civic Centre
- Hallett Cove Beach Master Plan
- Hallett Cove Shopping Centre
- Hallett Cove Surf Life Saving building
- Oaklands Station
- Oaklands Wetland
- Patpa Drive (Connector Road)
- SA Aquatic and Leisure Centre and GP Plus Health Care Centre