Elected Members' Code of Conduct and Registers
Code of Conduct for Council Members
The Code of Conduct for Council Members commenced on 1 September 2013.
Council members must comply with the provisions of this code in carrying out their functions as public officials.
The code has been made by the Local Government (General) Variation Regulation 2013 and gazetted in the Government Gazette on 22 August 2013.
- Download the gazette notice and code: Code of Conduct for Elected Members - Gazette Note(34 kb)
Elected Member Gift and Benefit Register
For the purposes of 3.10 of the code of conduct, the threshold amount governing when a gift or benefit must be registered has been gazette at $100.00.
The new code applied to all Council members automatically from 1 September 2013 and did not need to be adopted by the Council.
The Elected Member Gift and Benefit Register will be made available on this webpage and updated on a quarterly basis, e.g. March, June, September and December.
- Download the register: Elected Member Gift and Benefits Register(104 kb)
For further information, please contact Jaimie Thwaites, Unit Manager Council Support on 8375 6641.
Elected Member Expense Register
The Elected Member Expense Register will be made available on this webpage and updated on a quarterly basis, e.g. March, June, September and December.
- Download the register: Elected Member Expense Register(457 kb)
Elected Members Register Of Interests
Under section 70(a1) of the Local Government Act 1999, the Council must publish on the website, in accordance with the regulations, the following details about a Council member as recorded in the Elected Members Register of Interests:
- The member's income sources (within the meaning of Schedule 3 to the Local Government Act) or employer.
- The name of any political party, any body or association formed for political purposes or any trade or professional organisation (within the meaning of Schedule 3) of which the member is a member.
- Any gifts received by the member that are required to be included in the information entered in the Register in relation to the member.
The table below contains the required information as an exerpt from the Elected Members Register of Interests, and was current as at 4 May 2016:
- Download the excerpt: Excerpt from Elected Members’ Register of Interests(27 kb)