Darlington Upgrade Project
The Darlington Upgrade Project is another important stage in the delivery of Adelaide’s North-South Corridor and will deliver an upgrade of approximately 3.3 kilometres of the existing Main South Road, including:
- A non-stop motorway between the Southern Expressway and Tonsley Boulevard
- A lowered, non-stop motorway passing underneath Flinders Drive, Sturt Road, Sutton Road/Mimosa Terrace and Tonsley Boulevard
- Grade separation of the Main South Road/Ayliffes Road/Shepherds Hill Road intersection
- Main South Road (at grade) surface roads along both sides of the lowered motorway to provide connections to Flinders Drive, Sturt Road and most local roads
- Full free flow interchange at the Southern Expressway/Main South Road with dedicated ramps providing direct access to the new motorway and Main South Road
For further details please visit the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure website.
Artist's Impression of Darlington Upgrade Project - view from south of Sturt Road, looking north.
- Darlington Upgrade Project - Newsletter - February 2017(405 kb)
- Darlington Upgrade Project - Fast Facts - November 2016(321 kb)
Do you have a query?
If you have any queries about the project, please speak to the project team from the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure.
- Phone: 1300 626 097
- Email: email@example.com
- Visit their site office at Level 2, Sir Mark Oliphant Building 5 Laffer Drive, Bedford Park.
- Post a letter to Darlington Upgrade Project, Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, Reply Paid 1533, Adelaide SA 5001.
City of Marion contact:
Phone: 8375 6679