Councils in South Australia are able to establish by-laws, under the Local Government Act, 1999. By-laws are local laws established by Councils to deal with issues specific to the relevant Council area.
The City of Marion currently has six by-laws, which apply only within the City of Marion's boundaries.
New by-laws have been approved by Council and will come into place as of 1 January 2015.
- By-law no 1 - Permits and Penalties 2014(1010 kb)
- By-law no 2 - Moveable Signs 2014(1020 kb)
- By-law no 3 - Local Government Land 2014(239 kb)
- By-law no 4 - Dogs 2014(1028 kb)
- By-law no 5 - Roads 2014(1017 kb)
- By-law no 6 - Cats 2014(1017 kb)
Your guide to the new by-laws
Download the below frequently asked questions to answer some common questions about the new by-laws.