Referring Agency Use
What are you looking for on this page?
- Who can refer for Community Care services?
- Who should be referred for Community Care services?
- When to consider referral to another agency
- Community Care referral form
- Contact us
- My Aged Care
- Regional Assessment Team (RAS)
- General Practitioners
- Allied Health Professionals
- Hospital Discharge Planner
- Other service providers
If you are an older person or an individual with a disability and would like to refer yourself for services, please visit the Community Care services page for further information.
The overall objective of the program is to enhance people's independence and to avoid or delay their premature admission to long term residential care.
This is achieved through the provision of basic maintenance and home support services to optimise people's capacity to live independently in the community with dignity.
For further information on services available and eligibility requirements, please visit the Community Care services page.
Please consider if local council is the best place to refer your client. It should be noted that for some individuals, specifically targeted programs may be more appropriate than the basic services offered by Community Care.
Examples may include:
- DVA gold or white cardholders (please contact DVA first as services may already apply).
- Clients with a disability who have higher level needs.
- Clients who are already receiving the same service from another agency.
- Clients who have complex needs requiring case management.
- Clients who do not wish to access subsidised services and are happy to pay and arrange services privately.
- Download the Community Care Referral Form(87 kb)
Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm
Phone: 8375 6649
Fax: 8375 6699
Post: PO Box 21, Oaklands Park SA 5046
In person: 245 Sturt Road, Sturt SA 5047
This service is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services. For more information, visit the Department of Health platform www.agedcare.health.gov.au.
Although funding for this service has been provided by the Australian Government, the material herein does not necessarily represent the views or polices of the Australian Government.