Business Support Services
What are you looking for on this page?
- Small Business Contact Service
- Tonsley Small Business Advisory Service
- Cove Enterprise Hub
- Hallett Cove Business Association
- Digital Business Advisor
- Industry Skills Fund
- Entrepreneurs' Infrastructure Programme
- South Australian Government Programs
- Australian Government Business Support
- Business Support Services
- Other useful links
Phone: 1300 142 820
The Small Business Contact Service provides a contact point for small business owners and people considering starting a small business to access business information. It is a referral service, directing telephone and email enquiries to the most appropriate sources of business information, counselling, advice or services.
The Small Business Contact Service is provided through the Department of State Development (DSD) through its partner networks which include Business SA. These partnerships form a service that operates across metropolitan and regional South Australia.
For more information phone 1300 142 820.
The City of Marion and the Department of State Development have joined forces to fund a service aimed at helping small businesses develop and grow in the region. The Tonsley Small Business Advisory service is based at the Co-HAB co-working facility located on level 1 at 1 Tonsley Boulevard, Clovelly Park, SA, 5042 (the former Mitsubishi Motors administration building).
The service is delivered by Bob Sloan, an experienced management consultant with many years experience of working with small businesses and it offers free, confidential one-on-one advisory sessions for those wishing to start a business or operating an existing small business in the Southern Adelaide region.
Advisory sessions are by appointment only and can be arranged by contacting Bob direct as follows:
Office phone: 8374 2844
Mobile: 0417 731 125
The location of the service at Tonsley adds to the strong entrepreneurial focus of the Tonsley precinct and complements the various programs already offered there by Flinders University's New Venture Institute and by the managers of Co-HAB, Innovyz.
Location map for Co-HAB:
Cove Enterprise Hub is open for business. For more information visit the Cove Enterprise Hub page.
ERBA is an Inner Southern Adelaide business association aiming to foster and promote business through networking; shared knowledge, ideas and resources; and strategic precinct development.
- Regular professional development
- Linking local businesses
- Keeping up to date with activities in the area
- Maintaining strong links with Marion and Mitcham Councils
Businesses located in, or servicing the inner southern areas of Adelaide are welcome and encouraged to join.
Businesses in the greater Hallett Cove area are invited to join the new Hallett Cove Business Association. Chair Marie Soliman and her team of like-minded business owners are passionate about supporting and growing local business. Interested in joining?
For further information visit the Hallett Cove Business Association website.
- Digital Start - 1.5 hours of one-on-one time to help you with your business startup digital needs.
- Digital Audit - Designed for established businesses, the free Digital Audit will take a close look at your existing website and social media and use of digital technologies and IT.
To make an appointment, call Rhys on 8260 8282 or book online via the Polaris Centre Website.
- Skills Advice – a free tailored workforce development plan to identify skills needs and maximise training outcomes.
- Training Grant – to help businesses with the cost of training identified through the tailored workforce development plan.
To see if you are eligible for this program, call a Industry Skills Advisor, Australian Industry Group on 13 28 46.
The Entrepreneurs Infrastructure Programme offers easy to access practical support to Australian businesses in a simplified and streamlined way.
The programme is a new approach to the way government provides services to business. It recognises Australia’s diverse business landscape and that the market and industry is changing in the global economy.
With a national network of more than 100 experienced private sector advisers, the Entrepreneurs’ Infrastructure Programme offers support to businesses through three streams:
- Business management
- Research connections
- Commercialising ideas
Practical support for businesses includes:
- Advice from people with relevant private sector experience.
- Small co-contributions for re-engineering or growth opportunities for business.
- Connection and collaboration opportunities
Eligibility criteria apply for more targeted assistance and grants.
This programme is offered through the Australian Government and has a phased delivery, with initial services commencing on 1 July 2014. Programme information will be updated as more services are available in late 2014.
For further information visit the Entrepreneurs' Infrastructure Programme website.
A great deal of online information is available through the Department of State Development (DSD).
The following links on the Department of State Development (DSD) website provide information relating to:
- Small Business
- Trade (exporting)
- Mineral and Energy Resources
- Investing in South Australia
The Australian Government has established a Single Business Service which can be accessed through the Business.gov.au website or by calling 13 28 46.
This website has access to a range of business resources including information on:
Click on the topics below to find resources that may be helpful to you.
- Business SA
- Exporters Association of South Australia
- Committee for Economic Development of Australia (CEDA)
- Water Industry Alliance
- Australian Industry Group
- Australian Institute of Management
- Institute of Company Directors
- Australia China Business Council