Infrastructure and Strategy Committee
While decisions are made at General Council meetings, the City of Marion established an Infrastructure and Strategy Committee commencing 1 January 2017 with membership comprising of the Mayor, five other Elected Members and one Expert Member who is independent of Council.
This Committee is established for the purposes of providing advice to Council regarding matters of strategic importance and the development and monitoring of Council’s strategic management plans as defined under section 122 of the Act.
The Committee’s Terms of Reference have been developed having regard to the powers, functions and responsibilities of the Chief Executive Officer and specify the duties of the Committee in detail.
In summary, the Committee is responsible for:
- Providing advice to Council regarding matters of strategic importance.
- The development and monitoring of Council’s strategic management plans as defined under section 122 of the Act.
- Providing advice to Council on the changing and emerging nature of the community, region and area in which it operates, and specifically the public policy objectives of other councils, State and Commonwealth governments.
- Providing advice to council on the extent or levels of service required to be provided by the Council to achieve its long-term objectives.
- Providing advice and recommendations to Council regarding the strategic management council assets.
- Monitoring of major Council Projects that are in excess of $4 million and / or are of a nature which pose significant risk or high community impact.
- Aligning Council’s management of assets and infrastructure to its long term strategic objectives.
The Infrastructure & Strategy Committee comprises of the following members Councillor Janet Byram (Presiding Member), Councillor Tim Pfeiffer, Councillor Nick Kerry, Councillor Bruce Hull, Councillor Nick Westwood and Expert Member Christian Reynolds.
The Infrastructure & Strategy Committee meets between February and December each year. Meetings will be held in Committee Room 2 at 245 Sturt Road, Sturt from 6.30pm to 9.30pm. The public is welcome to attend.
Meeting dates for 2017 are as follows:
- 7 February
- 7 March
- 4 April
- 2 May
- 6 June
- 4 July
- 1 August
- 5 September
- 3 October
- 7 November
For further information, contact the Manager Innovation & Strategy on 8375 6600 or find out more about Council meetings on the Council Meetings page.
An agenda listing the issues and relevant reports for discussion at the meeting is available in advance so that everyone has the opportunity to be aware of matters before the Committee.
Agenda copies will be available online several days before the meeting (below) or hard copies can be viewed at the Council's Administration Centre.
Agendas and minutes
|April 4 2017|
|ISC170404 - Agenda||Agenda|
|ISC170404 - Minutes||Minutes|
|March 7 2017|
|ISC170307 - Agenda||Agenda|
|ISC170307 - Minutes||Minutes|
|February 7 2017|
|ISC170207 - Agenda||Agenda|
|ISC170207 - Minutes||Minutes|